Sunday, October 26, 2014

C4K Summary for October

C4K Summary for October

-Joyce is a 7th grader in Mobile, Alabama. In her post "My rescent Scientifc and Historical Endevours," she discusses her research on the Mariana Trench (the deepest point in the world), in particular the dives into it. She compares and contrasts the original dive (done by Jacques Piccard and Don Walsh) with the most recent dive (done by James Cameron). In my comment, I told Joyce about how I had studied the Mariana Trench for another class but never learned about the dives, which I enjoyed reading about.

Graph Comparing the Mariana Trench with Mount Everest

-Jack is a 5th grader in Hartford, Connecticut. In his post "Grammy - Eileen Haggerty," he talks about his maternal grandmother, Grammy. Since they both live on the same street, Jack is often at her house, where she makes delicious foods like cookies and pasta fagioli. In my comment, I mentioned how my own grandmother lives far away from me and how I need to try pasta fagioli.

Pasta Fagioli

-Aleigha is a 4th grade student in New Orleans, Louisiana. In her post "Dot Day with Prk," she discusses what she did for Dot Day. She was paired with a younger student, Sophia, and together they did dot-related activities such as playing with candy dots, decorating paper dots, eating donut holes, and playing Twister. They also were to Skype with an author, Laurie Ann Thompson. In my comment, I mentioned how I thought it was great that she was able to spend time with Sophia and how I have not yet heard of Laurie Ann Thompson, but I will look her up.

Aleigha and Sophia playing Twister for Dot Day

-Joshua is a Year 6 student in Auckland, New Zealand. In his post “Explanation hats writing,” he explains three different ways to prevent sunburns: wearing a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. In my comment, I told him he would have to keep those steps in mind in the upcoming summer (it is currently spring in New Zealand) and mentioned how even though the weather is beginning to get a little chilly here, we still have sunny days.

Smiling Cartoon Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment