Sunday, November 23, 2014

C4K Summary for November

C4K Summary for November

Cartoon kid holding Canadian flag
-James is a 5th grade student in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. In his post "What is a citizen !!!," he briefly mentions some facts about citizenship. James says that one cannot be a Canadian citizen until he/she is 18. Someone cannot become a citizen simply by marrying a Canadian, either. He mentions American citizenship and says that American citizenship can only be taken away by law. He also points out that there are less fortunate kids in the world. In my comment, I mentioned that I did not know much about Canadian citizenship but was impressed that he knew something about American citizenship.

Sophia's reflection art project
-Sophia is a middle school student in Iowa. In her post "future reflection," she presents her reflection art project. The digitized photo shows Sophia facing a mirror with a reflection that "reflects" her dreams: to go to New York City and become a famous singer. In my comment, I told her that I thought she did a great job on her project and that I also wish to visit New York City.

Students writing in class
-Charlie is an 8th grader in Minnesota. In his post "Reflection on First Quarter," he discusses his goals for the new quarter. He hopes to be less disruptive and more focused in class and on homework. He also mentions Sacred Writing Time (SWT), a quiet time in class that helps him build his vocabulary. In my comment, I told him that I liked the idea of SWT and wished him luck on accomplishing his goals for the new quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment