Monday, November 24, 2014

C4T 4 - Lana Gerrin

For the Love of Teaching

For the Love of Teaching is a blog by Lana Gerrin, a fifth grade teacher in Georgia. In her blog she discusses activities in her classroom and her life as a teacher. I chose her blog as my C4T 4 because I myself would like to teach 3rd-5th grade. The first post, "Five for Friday - Short and Sweet!," outlines five things that happened in her class during Red Ribbon Week. I'm Still Here! discusses her stressful school year.

Five for Friday - Short and Sweet!

In "Five for Friday - Short and Sweet!," she tells of the Red Ribbon Week activities that happened that week at her school. She provides pictures of "Sock it to Drugs Day" and "Dress Like Your Hero Day." She also explains that her students counted pumpkin seeds for their STEM October question "Do you think the number of seeds in a pumpkin is related to the size of the pumpkin?" (The pumpkin ended up having 840 seeds.) In my comment, I related her post to the Red Ribbon Week activities the students at the school I observe at participated in. Delta Elementary also had "Dress Like Your Hero Day."

I'm Still Here!

In "I'm Still Here!," Gerrin briefly reflects on her stressful school year. She has not been blogging as much as she usually does due to her busy schedule but hopes to blog more. She also talks about her students animal oral presentations. To conclude, she provides a note written to her by one her students expressing how much she appreciated Gerrin. Gerrin says she received the note on a bad day, but the note reminded her that her job is worthwhile. In my comment, I mentioned the importance of a teacher's positive influence and how I did a similar animal project when I was in elementary school.

Note by student given to Gerrin

No comments:

Post a Comment